Young Business and Professional Women are BPW members who are 35 years of age or younger. The purpose of Young BPW is to develop activities of interest for young members and make BPW in general meaningful, so that they are engaged. Young BPW seeks to encourage young women to learn about the organization, embrace its objectives, and become active, valuable members of BPW.
Who We Are!
1. What is the role of the Young BPW Committee?
Young BPW is part of a training and mentoring program for young members within BPW. A Young BPW Committee is formed in each club (wherever possible). The purpose of the committee is to develop activities of interest for the young members, although to offer these activities to all BPW members. The role of the Young BPW Committee is to make BPW meaningful for young members, so that they stay with BPW, learn about the organization, embrace its aims and objectives, renew their membership, and become valuable members of BPW.
2. How can I contact other Young BPW in Canada?
Contact the Young BPW Canada Vice-President to get connected and obtain contact information for sister Young BPW’ers.
Young BPW Best Practices
- Ensure that all BPW members in your club are invited to Young BPW functions. Remind them that the topic will be targeted toward the Young BPW.
- Start a mentorship program in your club. This will help to build a bridge between the Young BPW and the other BPW members who have more life experience.
- Encourage the Young BPW in your club to adopt a project of their own on behalf of the whole club.
- Discourage Young BPW from using the word “club” when referring to themselves, as Young BPW is a committee of BPW.
- Build great friendships, have fun and laugh lots.
- Meet Young BPW Australia on YouTube - click here.